Welcome to Doug's Couch. If your a returning guest, you get the appeal of the couch. If you are new, you may be wondering, "What the hell?" Here is the low down. I, Doug, have a couch that I bring with me to a whole bunch of different places. Usually places that you would not see a couch. I take a picture, we have fun, we move on. If it is deeper than that, then I am missing something too.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Harpo Studios

Best Blogger Tips www.tips-fb.com

The couch made it's first trip into Chicago today. It went with the guys from Bk Boat n Sleds to Amanda Hein Photography for a photo shoot. While we waited for Amanda, we made the 4 block walk over to Harpo Studios, home of the Oprah Winfrey Show.


We walked the couch right down the sidewalk and barely got any attention. It wasn't a crowded part of the city, but we did see a lot of people on the walk. Don't get me wrong, we heard the website muttered a couple times and people looked.....but it is a very different response than what you get in the burbs.

Once we got to Harpo, I parked it right under the sign like true tourist. I also noticed how many security cameras are around the Harpo Studios. With that much surveillance and an eight foot couch rolling around the parameter, someone HAD to have seen it on the inside. I got the shot that we headed over for and there wasn't any suprises this time. Maybe someday Oprah will sit on the couch, but until then, the sign will do.



1 comment: