Welcome to Doug's Couch. If your a returning guest, you get the appeal of the couch. If you are new, you may be wondering, "What the hell?" Here is the low down. I, Doug, have a couch that I bring with me to a whole bunch of different places. Usually places that you would not see a couch. I take a picture, we have fun, we move on. If it is deeper than that, then I am missing something too.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heartland Blood Drive

Best Blogger Tips www.tips-fb.com

There is a first time for everything and I have gotten to experience a lot of the "first times" with the couch. This is one of those times. I met up with the Young Professionals of Mchenry yesterday for a Heartland Blood Center Blood Drive. This was my first time giving blood and, like many others, I am not the best around it.

I had a little war going on inside me. I was nervous, but I was also fighting that nervousness and I thought that I was winning. Until someone walked in and said "Nervous?". I asked if I looked nervous and the whole room agreed that I did. When a room of people tell you you look nervous, your nervous.

I got in the bus and found my station and the nerves continued. I was cracking jokes the whole time so that kept me busy. All in all, it was not as bad as I built it up to be in my head. The staff at Heartland was great and made everyone feel very comfortable..... maybe a little TOO comfortable. I ended up missing the picture on the couch due to the free cookies and juice. "I think I need some more cookies."

To make matters worse, I lost the picture of the couch at the drive while I was uploading it here..... Time to donate more BLOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment